This week was interesting... I went on an exchange with Elder Phillips, who is also in his first transfer. So we are both far from speaking good Spanish. He came to my area, while Elder Gustafson went to his area in Coslada with Elder Aussant. So I was super nervous cause I was in charge, and our scheduled lessons were mostly in
Spanish! And how are we gonna contact if we can barely express ourselves in the language? I had all these doubts and worries.. But the whole exchange was definitely a success!!! We had 3 lessons completely in Spanish and they went pretty good!! And we had 3 street lessons! And placed 4 Books of Mormon! We had so much fun!
The work is going great here in Torrejón! We taught Felix a few times this week and he's solid! I love watching him progress! He's praying and reading all the time. He's going through some tough stuff right now, and he says whenever he hears our messages and reads the scriptures, he feels calm. He has a baptismal date for the 19th of December, and it's still looking good! I'll keep you updated there!
Halloween here is so weird... It's NOTHING like America. All the teenagers dress up in costumes and egg the whole city. They throw eggs everywhere! The Elders in Coslada got permission to go back to their piso for the night cause people wouldn't stop throwing eggs at them. And cops don't do anything here. It's the weirdest thing ever. Thankfully, Elder Gustafson and I had all of our lessons in the church that night.
We traveled up to Segovia today to go see a castle, so I don't have a ton of extra time to email, but my mom will have more pictures on my blog soon so check them out! It was way cool! And the weather was perfect! Super overcast all day!
| Elder Hendrix at a castle in Segovia. |
| Elder Hendrix with a Catholic church in the background. |
Tomorrow is my companion's birthday and it would be super awesome if you could send him a quick email tonight saying happy birthday! He will be 20. Please! Tell everyone you know!!! EVERYONE!!
samuel.gustafson@myldsmail.net
Thanks!!
I hope you all have an awesome week!!!
Elder Hendrix
| Elders Hendrix and Phillips at a castle in Segovia. |
| With his district in Segovia. |
| Overlooking Segovia and its aqueducts. |
| Elder Hendrix and his district at the aqueducts in Segovia. |
| Elder Hendrix standing at the top on the castle. |
| Walking through the streets of Segovia. |
No comments:
Post a Comment