I was stuck in piso throwing up earlier this week... So unfortunately, I don't have much to share. But I'll try to throw in a joke or two.
So Felix went to London for the week, so we only met with him once this week. But he's still doing great! He always comes to church, he's reading the Book of Mormon, and he's still so anxious to learn. He took his Book of Mormon on the plane and read for the entire flight. He's such a stud! We've taught him almost all the lessons now. He's progressing so well! He just wants to learn everything! He tells us all the time that the missionaries have changed his life. The gospel changed his life! The gospel works miracles! We told him today that we have transfers in two weeks and that either Elder G or I is leaving. And he shed some tears. He does not want either of us to leave at all. He told us we're the best friends he's ever had. It's so touching. I love that guy! I really hope I stay for next transfer!
Felix came home from London this morning, so we went to the airport to pick him up. It's only like 20 minutes away. Flights are so cheap here! A flight to Barcelona is only like €30. And a roundtrip flight to the Galway Ireland airport is only €59!! I could easily go visit Elder Oxspring for the day on a P day. Haha it's only a two and half
hour flight.
So apparently my name is getting around the mission. Either "Elder Hendrix" or "the elder that plays all the Disney songs on piano." Haha. The mission president called me this week and asked me if I would prepare a musical number for a zone conference this Wednesday. All the missionaries in the Madrid zones are gonna be there. So like 150ish. So that's exciting! I still have no idea what I'm gonna do...
Everybody here calls me Jimi Hendrix. Everyone in the ward greets me with Elder Jimi. Or Misionero Jimi. It's pretty great haha.
Today for P day, the whole zone came to Torrejón for volleyball and lunch. I'll try attaching a picture.
I hope everyone has a great week! Eat lots of turkey for me!! I'll be over here throwing up rice...
Sorry I can't think of any jokes...
Con amor,
Elder Hendrix
| All missionaries in Elder Hendrix's zone came to Torrejon for P-day. |
No comments:
Post a Comment