This week was pretty crazy. We got permission to go to a wedding of a member who married an investigator of the hermanas who is getting baptized next month. We got to go to the party afterwards too. It was pretty lit. We actually had a few investigators come too because they're friends of the couple. That night was crazy. We may or may not have been a little late getting home, but it's chill because one of the mission president's counselors was there supervising. All is well. Man that wedding cake was huge. It tasted a lot like a tire, but man it sure was good looking.
We had our first district meeting of the transfer this week. We made a goal as a district to give away 84 Books of Mormon. Random number, I know. But it was inspired haha. So far, it's going well! Me and my comp had a cool experience last night in downtown Gijón while we were looking for people to teach. We went to talk to two old Spanish ladies sitting on a bench. Fun fact, Gijón is actually full of old Spaniards that sit in benches all day and watch the wind blow. Nice people. Anyway, their names were Manuela and Astención. They were super nice! We started chatting about cool stuff to do in Asturias, etc, and then we asked them what they knew about the church. We talked about the Bible for a while and then we introduced the Book of Mormon. They both accepted one! Which was such a blessing because the people here are really weird about the thought of additional scripture. But it was such a cool experience! We have a return appointment with them this Wednesday and it seemed pretty convincing! I'm sure they'll be there. There was a strong spirit when we shared Moroni's promise in Moroni 10:3-5. They seemed to be very interested and ready to read! Miracles are happening!
Oh yeah, on Tuesday last week, I had a weird dejavú moment. We had to go to Oviedo to be in a trio with Elder Davalos because he's training and he had to wait for his new comp to get to Oviedo in the train and he can't be alone. Elder Davalos is from Mexico and doesn't speak any English, and his new missionary is American and knows no Spanish. So when we went with him to the train station when his companion arrived, it made me think a lot about my first day in the field. I didn't understand any Spanish and had no clue what was going on. So watching Elder Davalos and his comp try to communicate made me reflect on all I've accomplished in the past 22 months. It was a satisfying feeling. Learning this language has not been easy at all. But I feel like I've put a ton of work in it and it has paid off. The mission is so cool. Learning a language has taught me a lot about patience, endurance, faith..... I could see myself in Elder Davalos' new comp. I was there once. And seeing him made my testimony of the importance of endurance increase. Fun stuff.
I'm currently drinking a shake with chocolate and orange. It's alright. Anyway, hope you all have a great week!
Elder Hendrix
No comments:
Post a Comment