Ok first thing's first. I quit Gijónmania and started Portuzona. I did an exchange with an elder in Avilés named Elder Freire and we created the most incredible masterpiece that this world has ever been offered. He's from Portugal and I'm from Arizona (hence the name Portuzona). He's super musical and loves to sing, so I brought the guitar with me to Avilés so we could jam during lunch. Long story short, the exchange went really really well. We somehow wrote this super awesome song based on 1 Nephi 3:7. I don't know how we did it, but we did. During the composition process, I kid you not we said a prayer asking for inspiration because we felt so good about the progress we were making. And in a good half hour, we finished. So we took it to the streets and sung like slayers. Yes. We slayed that song. It's beautiful. So anyway, this week I'm very grateful for my passion for music. I love writing and creating music and I'm so grateful for all the opportunities I've been given in my mission to express and develop this gift I've been blessed with. I love music so much! Here's the link to the video... My mom posted it today.
Anyway, this week was really great! I love this little town of Gijón. There's lots of super nice people here. Asturianos are awesome. The members in the branch are solid. They're mostly from Spain, which is weird since I'm so used to serving with South Americans. But there are some strong recent converts. Enrique is a man I'm especially proud of. I think I've mentioned him before. He's like 81 and he got baptized last year. He received the Melchizedek priesthood a few weeks ago. He just got his first calling, as the second counselor in the branch presidency! And he's super excited for it! We had ward counsel yesterday and you could tell that Enrique was very happy to be able to serve in this position. He has progressed so much. In just about a year, he went from knowing absolutely nothing about the church to being a member of the bishopric. He's an incredible example to me as well as to the members here. He felt the spirit when the missionaries spoke to him, and he has being acting upon those impressions ever since.
Ugh so little time... Hope you all have an awesome week!
Elder Hendrix
No comments:
Post a Comment