We've actually had quite a few service opportunities this past week. We helped a member of the bishopric work in his lettuce field, we dug a big hole in the ground for Enrique, we cleaned sweet old Nancy's windows, we guided an old man into a parking space... Its been a fun week! I have to say though, the highlight was this past Saturday. We got permission from our president to go on a day trip with the branch president to this awesome place called Covadonga. It's in eastern Asturias. We went with his family, some investigadores, and some lessactives. We had a ton of fun! We only had half a p day last Monday, and the other half was Saturday so that we could go. Covadonga is beautiful! The drive up was about the scariest thing ever though. I'm surprised I'm alive and emailing right now. Those roads were sketchy. We went up in 3 cars. But yeah the views were amazing! We saw this really cool lake too. We all had a little picnic thing for lunch and it was a ton of fun! I really love our little branch here in Gijón. They're a lot of fun and they're so welcoming to the people we teach!
Transfers are today... My companion Elder Goodman got transferred to Madrid, and I'm staying here in Gijón. My new companion (who will also be my last) is Elder Burt from Massachusetts. I'm super excited to work with him! He's pretty new in the mission. We're gonna have lots of fun. I'm excited for this last transfer. It's crazy that this is the final 6 weeks. I'm ready to work my hardest and stay motivated until the end!
Thanks for all your support everyone!
Elder Hendrix
| Elder Hendrix at Covadonga |
| Elder Hendrix at Covadonga |
No comments:
Post a Comment