Kevin got baptized this week! We went over to his house earlier this week to teach him how to tie a tie, and he introduced us to his family. He lives with his parents and his two sisters. We got to get to know them a little bit and they seem like super nice people! His mother expressed to us her gratitude for what we've taught him. She doesn't know much about the church, but she explained to us that she has seen a change in Kevin since we started teaching him. He's a lot more respectful at home and just a better person in general. I know
the gospel has changed that kid! He asked us to start teaching his family, so we had our first appointment with them yesterday! They're really receptive and they're down to listen! Anyway, his family all came to support him at his baptism and they seemed to have enjoyed the service! They came to church the next day with him and stayed all three hours! So we're super excited to continue visiting them. They're Bolivian so they make bomb food too. So that's a bonus.
We had a sweet lesson with Maria last night. She was able to recognize the spirit for the first time in her life. She said she always thought she knew what it's like, but she explained to us that after last night, the spirit had a whole new meaning for her. So that was super cool! She's a champ! We're super excited to help her continue progressing and get dunked! More updates to come... Oh! She made us arepas yesterday too, and for that reason, I am grateful. I love those things.
So district meeting this week was intense. I invited Veronica from my first area to come to the meeting and pretend to be an investigator. I wanted to teach the restoration as a district so we could observe how other companionships teach and such. Practices with missionaries are difficult sometimes cause it's hard to accurately play the role of an investigator. So I invited Veronica and told everyone that she was a real investigator of some other missionaries. And Veronica did super well! She asked some hard questions during the lesson. It got everyone thinking. It was a cool teaching and learning experience! And the lesson was super powerful. Afterwards, we ended, and then I told everyone that Veronica is actually a member. But it was cool
because Veronica gave us feedback and shared with us her thoughts.
And that's about it. The weather is finally getting cooler so that's awesome!! I'm gonna need to break out the sweaters soon.
Have an awesome week!
Elder Hendrix
the gospel has changed that kid! He asked us to start teaching his family, so we had our first appointment with them yesterday! They're really receptive and they're down to listen! Anyway, his family all came to support him at his baptism and they seemed to have enjoyed the service! They came to church the next day with him and stayed all three hours! So we're super excited to continue visiting them. They're Bolivian so they make bomb food too. So that's a bonus.
| Elders Hendrix and Lopez and Kevin's baptism |
We had a sweet lesson with Maria last night. She was able to recognize the spirit for the first time in her life. She said she always thought she knew what it's like, but she explained to us that after last night, the spirit had a whole new meaning for her. So that was super cool! She's a champ! We're super excited to help her continue progressing and get dunked! More updates to come... Oh! She made us arepas yesterday too, and for that reason, I am grateful. I love those things.
So district meeting this week was intense. I invited Veronica from my first area to come to the meeting and pretend to be an investigator. I wanted to teach the restoration as a district so we could observe how other companionships teach and such. Practices with missionaries are difficult sometimes cause it's hard to accurately play the role of an investigator. So I invited Veronica and told everyone that she was a real investigator of some other missionaries. And Veronica did super well! She asked some hard questions during the lesson. It got everyone thinking. It was a cool teaching and learning experience! And the lesson was super powerful. Afterwards, we ended, and then I told everyone that Veronica is actually a member. But it was cool
because Veronica gave us feedback and shared with us her thoughts.
And that's about it. The weather is finally getting cooler so that's awesome!! I'm gonna need to break out the sweaters soon.
Have an awesome week!
Elder Hendrix
No comments:
Post a Comment