Monday, September 5, 2016

Week 56: Dunked at 85



Elder Hendrix and Lopez perform baptisms.

The hermanas in our ward have been teaching a Spanish family and they were finally baptized this weekend! And man it was intense. The family consists of two brothers in their 60s and their 85 year old mother. That's right. 85 year old Spanish lady got dunked. I had the honor of performing the baptism, and dude I was so nervous. It took like 3 people to get this poor old lady in the font. It was epic, but hey it worked out! She's clean now! But let me tell you, it wasn't easy. But they're such an awesome family! They're very happy with
their decisions! They got confirmed in church on Sunday and I had the opportunity to do the confirmations as well! I love seeing people receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and seeing how much this gospel really can change people!

Here's some updates on a few of our investigators...

Kevin. Kevin's progressing really well! We had a lesson with him last night and we watched the restoration movie. He has a solid testimony of Joseph Smith. We're so excited for his baptism! His baptismal interview will be this weekend.

Maria. This woman will NOT stop giving us morir soñando. It makes me feel awful every time,  but hey she's an awesome person. She's reading the scriptures and keeping commitments and she's just solid! She will be baptized with Kevin on the 17th.

Joaquin. This crazy guy isn't getting any less crazy. He still sees prophets everywhere he goes and has visions of wizards and stuff. But he's still a great guy! It's been really interesting teaching him. But he's got some solid potential! He has come to church a few times and has liked everything we've shared with him.

And that's about all that happened this week! It's still blazing hot and I sleep with frozen water bottles every night, but hey I can't complain! This is the work of the Lord!

Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment