Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 57: Sick and Afflicted

Well the 57th week of the mission sure was interesting... And slow. And really quite miserable to be honest. I woke up Wednesday morning projectile vomiting, and it didn't stop until Saturday. And that morning, as soon as I thought all was well and I was finally recovering, my companion decided to jump on board and throw up too. It was great. And the exact same thing happened with the hermanas in our ward. Hermana Wihongi started dying the same time as me, and then our comps decided to die right after we started getting better. So basically, the work here in Barrio 4 has been pretty rough lately.

We're pretty sure we've come to the conclusion that it was some food that a family in the ward fed all of us on Tuesday. But idk. But man, it sucked. Throwing up, super high fever, ginormous pills (I hate taking pills). I couldn't eat anything at all. Literally everything I would eat or drink would just come right back up. So I lost pretty much all the weight I've gained on my mission! So I guess that's a plus. Oh and I grew a pretty sweet beard. And man that thing was full and luscious. So yeah it's been a slow week! However, we did manage to get a few lessons in before all of this nonsense happened. We met with Maria and Kevin and helped them prepare for their baptismal interviews which will happen this week! They both feel confident and they're really excited! Their baptism will be this Saturday at 3:00They both were at church yesterday and man they're just solid. I'm so excited for them! 

Anyway, that's about it for this week! Sorry my emails are getting so boring. Also here is a quote that I really wanted to share because I know and love the Lord:

                       I now can say with all certainty
                       That I know and love the Lord.
                       I can testify with them of old
                       As I preach His holy word.
                   I know what He felt in Gethsemane
                       Is too much to comprehend.
                       I know He did it all for us;
                       We have no greater Friend.
                   I know that He will come anew
                       With power and in glory.
                       I know I will see Him once again
                       At the end of my life’s story.
                   I’ll kneel before His wounded feet;
                       I’ll feel His Spirit glow.
                       My whispering, quivering voice will say,
                       “My Lord, my God, I know.”
                                                     -Boyd K. Packer

Oh, and here's a video of my bishop shooting me with an airsoft gun last week.

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment