Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 37: Carrera Report!

Elder Hendrix and his district after a basketball game
with Tyler and Summer Haws.
Uno dos tres cuatro


We had the pinewood derby on Friday!!! And it was a SUCCESS. It was so the funnest night of my mission for sure!!! Definitely the coolest activity that this branch has ever had. It was so awesome! We had a super good turnout and the cars were so amazing! We gave everyone a kit with a block of styrofoam as a base, with other pieces of styrofoam to work with. And the wheels were thick poster board. Super low budget, but holy heck it worked! Every single person's car ran down the track without problem! I'll attach some pics. I'm so glad that this activity we planned worked out! We've been planning it for 2 months. And the branch loved it! We had families, less actives, and friends of members there! We started with a spiritual thought, then had the race, then dinner, then an awards ceremony. It was really informal, but sooooo much fun! So many people kept telling us how awesome of an activity it was. The winning prize is a dinner that the missionaries are gonna make. And then we had a few certificates for like most creative car, most colorful, etc. We had some awesome cars there! I was so amazed how these people turned a few pieces of styrofoam into art. The winning car was the yellow one in the picture.

The pinewood derby with the Santiago branch.
We've been working with the members a lot more this week. After that activity, I feel like they have so much more respect for us. They trust us! They all talk to us now. There has been some tension in this branch in the past, but I feel like the pinewood derby night really was a great opportunity for the members to bond and have a good time. We're so grateful for the success we had with that! Transfers are today. I'm staying here in Santiago with Elder Trassierra. We're excited to keep on going and find people to teach!

OHHHH SOMETHING HAPPENED. Our mission president emailed everyone this morning to say get ready cause on May 14th, ELDER DAVID A BEDNAR IS COMING TO SPAIN! THIS IS HAPPENING, I KID YOU NOT. We get to go to Madrid next month to hear Elder Bednar speak to the mission!!! I'm sooooo excited!!!!

I let the hermanas cut my hair today. Scariest thing I've ever done.

The hermanas giving Elder Hendrix a haircut.
Sorry I don't have a lot to say this week. Hopefully these pics make up for it. Have an awesome week!

Elder Hendrix


The pinewood derby with the Santiago branch members.
This ward member won first place with his fast car.

One of the primary kids shows off his pinewood derby car.

No comments:

Post a Comment