Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Random thoughts from Torrejon

Elder Hendrix sent some quick comments and referred to the group email that he would send, but alas... no group email arrived.  So here are a few random thoughts from the email to Mom and Dad. We do love his pictures!

Elder Hendrix and his district in Torrejon with an investigator, Felix.
Elder Hendrix and Elder Gustafsen make corndogs.
The food here is super good! One thing that's really popular is kebab. It's basically a taco shell made of bread with meat, lettuce, and fry sauce inside. There's a really good kebab place right by the church that we always go to after district meetings each week.

The milk here is weird. You don't refrigerate it. It comes in a bag inside a box. It tastes like milk, but at room-temperature, I refuse to consume it. You can get fresh milk here, but it's really hard to find. There's a store pretty close to our piso that has it, but it's pretty expensive. I bought a liter for 4 rows, which is like $5. Everybody drinks/cooks with the shelf milk though. Another thing that's hard to find is peanut butter. Last p day, I really really wanted a pb&j sandwich, so we spent like 2 hours trying to find some peanut butter. We never found any, but Paolo ordered me some cause she gets a bunch for her cakes already. It tastes super good! The only American products I've seen so far are Doritos, Coke, Oreos, and Twix.


Euros are freaking sweet. They're colorful. I've come to realize how boring US money is haha. One thing that's really nice about Spain is that tax is already included in the cost of everything. And nothing is annoyingly priced like at home. Like there's no $1.49, or $9.99. It's rounded up to like $1.50 or $10.00. 


The weather here is perfect. Definitely beats Arizona! The high temp everyday this week is around 18C which is like 65ish Fahrenheit I think. I don't know for sure. But it's awesome. The mornings are super nice. It rained a little bit last week.


A sunset from the Renfe.
By the way, I messed up my address in last week's email. If you already sent me something, I'm sure it will get here, but I guess this is what it's supposed to look like...

Elder Logan Hendrix

Plaza de España 1A
Torrejón de Ardoz 
28850 Madrid, Spain 

Keep sending me emails! I get to see them throughout the week! I just can't respond until Monday. Hope everyone has a good week!


Elder Hendrix

Measuring the size of mosquitoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment