Thursday, October 1, 2015

Elder Hendrix arrives in Spain!

Elder Hendrix's mom here and I have a confession.  Logan flew out of Salt Lake City early Monday morning and I was dying.

Yes, it was just as hard as sending him out six weeks ago to Utah.  But thankfully, Logan's big brother, Jordan, met him during his layover in Dallas and reported back about all of his exuberant awesomeness.  There's nothing like an older brother who has gone through a similar experience: different country, same language.

Logan's big brother, Jordan, met him at the Dallas airport on his way to Spain.


Logan on his layover in Dallas.













Logan also was able to call us and he sounded excited and nervous.  Before he left the MTC, each missionary was given a Book of Mormon to hand out during their trip.  Logan happened to sit next to a man who was from Mexico and was headed to Dallas via SLC.  He only spoke Spanish and was interested in where Logan was going, Logan gave the BOM to him, so he was pretty excited that he accomplished that goal right away.

Logan's flight arrived in Madrid on Tuesday morning at 8 am (11 pm Arizona time). But we heard nothing from him.  This wasn't surprising but once again, I was dying.  I took a sub job for his high school choir teacher that day, thinking it would pass the time.  Bad choice.  As the choir sang a beautiful song, I became very emotional.  I told the kids that their singing was so amazing that it made me cry (which was also true).  It was a bit hard to be there with the kids who he performed with last year.  I checked all the missionary moms' Facebook posts, hoping to spot him but no such luck.  Then, at 2:30 this morning (Thursday), I got an email from President Pack's wife. Logan will be serving in the city of Torrejon and Elder Gustafsen is his companion.  I am anxiously awaiting a mailing address.  The best part of the email were these beautiful pics.  Good thing they are digital or they would be a little warped from my tears.  But at least now I can breath a little easier and get my emotions under control!


Elder Hendrix with President and Sister Pack.  
They are from Hattiesburg, Mississippi.

Elder Hendrix (just behind the sister in the lavender skirt) and his group
of 42 new missionaries who will serve in the Madrid Mission.  This was
taken during their orientation which was held at the Madrid  MTC building.
So, Elder Hendrix is off and running (hopefully not with the bulls)!  Only 4 more days until his next email!




No comments:

Post a Comment