Saturday night was really cool. Thomas baptized his son! Oscar turned 8 a few weeks ago, and wanted so badly to have his dad baptize him. As I shared with you a few weeks ago, Thomas is a train, and not even his disability can prevent him from fulfilling his sons' desires and showing him how much he loves him. Thomas came extra early so we could help him get changed to his baptismal clothes. We lifted him up into the font, and there was another member inside to help him baptize. Thomas was so grateful for the request of his son. He's such an inspiring man. He has so much love for the gospel and just wants to be happy and serve! The baptism went really well. Thomas did a great job. And as soon as Oscar was lifted out of the water, he had the biggest smile on his face! He gave his dad a big hug. Those two are incredible. They're amazing examples to me. I was talking to Thomas afterwards and asked him how he felt baptizing his son. He said he was never nervous about it. "I may not have legs, but I have a son. And I love him." I'm grateful for the faith of this man and the great desires he has.
Speaking of faith, we had a great district meeting this week! We talked a lot about strengthening our faith to find new people to teach. When I was younger, my mom explained to me that exercising faith is like wrapping a present. I can go find a nice gift for someone and wrap it up and make it look super nice, but the action of faith would be giving it to someone. Relating that to missionary work, we have this fancy wrapped gift, or gospel message, and it needs to be given away. If we just carry it around without presenting it to others, it won't be accepted. The first person we offer it to might not accept, but that doesn't mean nobody will. It just means we've got to keep on presenting it to people until we find someone. And I know that those people are out there! We just have to have faith and take action and give away that gift that has been so neatly wrapped. We had a great discussion about this analogy in district meeting and we're excited to get to work this transfer and share the gift!
I hope you all have an amazing week!
Elder Hendrix


No comments:
Post a Comment