Monday, November 14, 2016

Week 66: Island bound

I got transferred! Leaving barrio 4 has been very hard. I loved that area so much. I made so many great friends and I just have so much love for those people there. Yesterday was my last day, so after church we just spent the rest of the evening visiting members and saying my farewells. Being in that area was such an amazing experience. I was able to witness so many miracles. One thing I do like about being transferred is reflecting on the time I spent in the area. It's hard to say goodbye, but at the same time I am so happy and grateful for all the experiences I had. My faith and testimony increased there. I'm so grateful for all those miracles and for the spirit I felt there!

I'm now in my fifth area. In the Canary Islands! I got transferred to the islands!! I'm so excited! The name of my island is Tenerife. I'll be serving in Los Cristianos with Elder Knaphus. I just arrived this afternoon. All it took to get here was a 30 minute metro ride, a 3 hour flight, 20 minute bus ride, and then another 2 hour bus ride. We live in a crater of a volcano, so that's cool. It's a lot warmer here than Madrid! It's pretty humid. There's trees and beaches and it's sunny all the time, so this will definitely be interesting! Updates to come!

And that's about all the time I got... Have an awesome week!

Elder Hendrix

Looking out the airplane window on
 Los Cristianos, Canary Islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment