Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 62: Blessings of Seminary

We have a recent convert named Luis. He's a stud. He's 17 and he's from Venezuela and speaks perfect English. He learned most of it just from being with the missionaries. I love that dude. He's a great example to me. He has a rough life at home, and has had some challenges seeing his family suffer in his country. He's the only member in his family. He met the missionaries a few months ago when they invited him to play futbol. He began taking the discussions and was baptized in June. He's an awesome member missionary. He's always wanting to help us with lessons. He accompanies us about every day. 

Earlier this week, we had a really good lesson with him that I'd like to share. The youth here in this part of Madrid are very blessed to have a seminary teacher. There are a lot of parts of the world where seminary isn't offered because the church is so small or because there isn't anyone to teach it. The church here in Spain isn't huge, but it's growing. And here in Madrid, the youth are able to attend seminary. Luis has been struggling with his attendance. He has had very little desire to wake up early and go study scriptures. 

It made me think about my own seminary experience when I was in high school. There were plenty of days when I headed to seminary (or chose not to go at all) without that positive mindset that we need in order to receive the fullness of blessings that come from attending seminary. Seminary seriously is a blessing. It's such a great way to build your testimony at a young age. I know that my decision to fully participate in seminary has blessed my life. It didn't only bless me during my high school career, but It has affected me throughout my mission. And I know that I will look back several years from now and think about how blessed I was to be able to attend seminary and to have had taken advantage of such an amazing program. 

For those of you currently enrolled in seminary, I invite you to keep going! Seminary is the best! Learning as much as you can about the gospel at a young age is the best thing you can do right now! Continue attending and participating and I promise you that your love for seminary and the gospel will grow. And to those of you who are struggling with desires to attend, I invite you to stop doubting and just go! It will be the best decision you make in high school! Pray for strength and ask Heavenly Father to help you develop the desire to go. If you do your part and act, He will do His part and help you. The seminary program was organized by inspired revelation. I know that's true! Therefore, go. 

Anyway, we had a nice discussion with Luis about how important seminary is, and it went really well! He's a great kid and I know that his decision to attend will bless him forever! God wants us to be happy. And when we do things that he asks us to do, we will have that happiness! And who doesn't want to be happy?

And that's about all the time I've got. Have an awesome week everyone! Send me letters 'cause letters are nice.

Elder Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment