Anyway, this week was super cool! We got to go to the temple and do baptisms! Our mission president is now allowing us to go do baptisms once a transfer if we bring a recent convert who has never gone. So we got to take one of our converts, MarĂa del Mar, and do baptisms! It was such an awesome experience! Seeing the Madrid temple baptistry was so cool. I got to do confirmations for a while when we were there. And doing it in Spanish was SOOO COOL. I don't know why, but ordinances in Spanish are just way cooler than English. I loved being there in the baptistry! The spirit there is so sweet and it was just an incredible experience!
We teach English classes every Wednesday in the chapel. Elder Sasso teaches the beginner class and I do the advanced one. There's only one guy that comes to mine and we usually just spend the whole hour talking and having a conversation so he can practice speaking fluently. And it's so much fun! His name is Julian. His English is so good. He's from Madrid and he's like 40ish. He travels around the world to run different marathons. He's a pro. His fastest marathon was under two and half hours. He goes to the United States a lot to run, so he comes to English class so he can practice speaking more. But it's awesome meeting with him! He helps me a ton with my Spanish! He says helping me with my Spanish helps him with his English cause he explains everything in English and it makes him think more. So we both win. So talking with him has been super helpful!
I have now been shoved a total of three times on my mission. We went to pass by an old investigator this week, and as we were having a conversation with this dude through the intercom, some random midget Romanian came out of no where and shoved me out of the doorway and opened the door and told us to get lost and then slammed the door shut. Fun stuff.
Rosario is gold still! I love having lessons with her! I've seen so many changes in her in the few weeks we've been meeting with her! It's crazy how just 4 short weeks ago, we met her in the street. And now she's getting baptized in 12 days. She's doing perfect with the word of wisdom! She hasn't had a single cup of coffee since we taught it to her! We've taught her all of the lessons now, so now we're just reviewing and helping her feel ready. She's so excited to make this covenant and take this step in her life! I'm so happy for her! Teaching Rosario has been a confirmation that this gospel really does change lives. We really can have true happiness when we learn and live gospel principles!
I love you all! Have an awesome week!
Elder Hendrix
No comments:
Post a Comment