Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 23: Devil dogs and such

Sorry this is gonna be a short one... I'm about to go school President in basketball.

So I went on another exchange with Elder Phillips this week! We had some interesting lessons... We visited a family in the ward that has the craziest devil dog ever. It's a tiny pit bull, but that thing is a monster. And long story short, my plan to use the same pair of shoes my whole mission has been demolished. We took the wrong bus home cause we're geniuses, and it dropped us off in the middle of the freeway, and basically, a one hour trip home took us like 3 hours... Oops.

Elder Bartholomew and I made 300 cookies Thursday morning during our weekly planning session. We took them to the families in the ward and introduced a plan that our zone came up with called Mi Plan Misional Familiar. We're helping all the families come up with a plan to participate in missionary work and service. They make specific goals to serve and invite. It's super cool! We're already seeing a lot of success! United family relationships can make such amazing missionaries! And it's super cool to see families make the plan
themselves. We're only here to help and support. So really, they're the ones acting. Cool stuff.

There's a super cool dude in the ward named Rafa. He plays futbol with us on P days all the time. He's awesome! He served his mission in Chile. I've known him for 4 months now, and he just barely decided to
tell me yesterday that he was companions with David Archuleta. What the heck? We had lunch with him and his family yesterday and he showed us all his pictures. He told us a bunch of stories of getting
references all because David just starts singing in the street and people come and listen and all of a sudden want to be taught haha.

Elder Bartholomew is awesome. I love this dude so much! We have a jam session every night before bed. I taught him how to play the ukulele,and he picked it up so quick! He's super good! We're doing a musical
number at a baptism this week.

Today for P day, the mission president invited our district over for lunch and basketball.  Love this guy a ton! He's so awesome! And he's cooking us American stuff! And cake with American ingredients!!! I love my mission president so much!

I love and miss you all!! Have an awesome week! Don't smoke, it's bad. Shoutout to Tyler Watts for being in my first dream in Spanish.

Elder Hendrix


Enjoying a day with President and Sister Pack in Madrid.


No comments:

Post a Comment