Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 86: Stay faithfully in the choir

I loved general conference this weekend! I have to say that one of my favorite talks was Elder Holland's in the Saturday  afternoon session. He spoke about being part of Christ's choir and singing the song of redeeming love. I especially loved when he spoke about the requirements of singing. "There is a place [in the choir] for everyone who loves God and honors his commandments." It doesn't matter your age, race, likes, dislikes, background, marital status, sexual orientation, etc. God wants and needs more singers. And each and every one of us is invited to participate. And even if you join the choir without having any singing experience, that's perfectly ok. Because the choir is designed to help us develop and be strengthened. "Come as you are, but don't plan to stay that way." Christ's atoning sacrifice molds us into what God wants us to become. So don't forget to remember Him and trust Him! If you're not a dedicated choir member, I invite you to recommit and listen to the choir director. Because He knows what will help you grow.

I guess I turned 20 this week or something. Weird. It was a really fun day though! To start, the hermanas made me French toast and brought it to our apartment cause they're awesome. Then we played beach volleyball in the morning with our investigadores and friends (just like every Saturday), and then one of our investigators, Jose, bought us smoothies. Later, the Villalobos family surprised us and took us out to eat lunch in a restaurant on the boardwalk by the beach. So that was really cool! I ate some real tasty chicken. Then, they took us to the church where they had prepared a cake to eat. It was super good! I love the Villalobos. They're the nicest people ever. Then we had general conference in the afternoon, and then had a lesson with Miguel, and then some more members wanted to take us out to eat dinner. So it was a pretty good day! Lots of food, lots of pictures, more food, friends, and food. Can't believe I'm 20 already. It's weird. So yeah my birthday was overall pretty fun! I'm grateful for such loving members here. They do so much for us. The only sad part of the day was that I received my flight itinerary to go home. It's scary haha. Looks like I'll be seein yall on July 25th at 5:40 pm, Which is actually terrible cause that's rush hour. The Chikfila line is gonna be so long.

I'm loving Tenerife. It's getting a little warmer now, but the work here is incredible. I love the people we teach so much. They're all so amazing and it has been awesome watching their progression. I can't imagine a better place to be that here on the mission. Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I'm grateful for all the love and support!

Elder Hendrix

Oh yeah there's a giant lizard living under our fridge. We've been trying to catch it for days now. Updates to come.
The Villalobos family and the Hermanas celebrate
Elder Hendrix's birthday.

Birthday dinner in Tenerife.

No comments:

Post a Comment