Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 48: Rosario's Baptism

It's been such a crazy week!

I'll start with the baptism. Rosario got dunked! Funny story... When we were filling the font, I leaned over the rail to feel the water to make sure it was warm, and I accidentally slipped and fell in. Luckily, there was only like a foot of water. So it could have been worse. But I had to run back to piso and change. But anyway, it was such an awesome day! The baptismal service was perfect. She's so awesome and I'm so happy for her and so grateful for the opportunity I had to watch her progress and take this step in her life. It's so crazy that we found her in the street just 6 weeks ago. She has come such a long way! After she was baptized, she shared her testimony and it was so sweet. This gospel really has changed her. Yesterday she was confirmed and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. Meeting her was such a miracle! She's already super excited to get a temple recommend and find names to take to the temple to be baptized for!

So crazy news... I got transferred. It was definitely a surprise. My companion is going home, and I got moved. So our area in Barrio 9 is getting white washed. It's so weird. It's hard to leave an area that I just barely got to, but it's been an awesome experience here. The members in B9 are amazing and I'm sad to leave them, but I'm excited for my new area in Barrio 4! My new companion is Elder Lopez. He's from Oregon and has been in the field for about 3 months. I'm super excited to work with him! Also, the Lord has called me to be district leader here. I'm so excited for this calling and for the opportunity I will have to lead!

And that's about all I have time for... Here's a picture...Have an awesome week!

Elder Hendrix
Elders Hendrix and Sasso at Rosario's baptism in Madrid, Barrio 9.

Elder Hendrix with other elders at a member's home.



No comments:

Post a Comment