Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 18: I think it's week 18? Idk

Felix is such a stud. He has a friend named Johnny that he really wants us to teach. So for our lesson with Felix this week, we practiced teaching the restoration of the gospel. And Felix did soooo good! He understands the restoration so well and has a solid testimony! We met with Johnny the next day and it was perfect. And I'm
so glad that Felix was there with us. He'd be a great missionary. He wants to share the happiness he has with others so badly. It was such a great lesson! I'm so excited to teach Johnny more this week!

We're doing a ton of work with less actives right now. About 80% of the ward isn't active. We spent a whole day this week just making phone calls and stopping by the members pisos. And we had so much success! Some of these people just need someone to reach out to them. We saw a bunch of them at church yesterday. It's so awesome how just a little phone call can make such a big difference. Sometimes all it takes is an invitation!

My new companion is super awesome! He's like my best friend now! I love him! He cooks pancakes every morning and irons my shirts. I'm not even mad. And he plays the piano really well!!

My district is amazing. All of the elders sing really well! We learned all the Christmas songs in the hymn book, so now we sing to the members every time they invite us over. We have a nice quartet! It's so much fun! We sang Creo en Cristo at a baptism last week.

I have to do two musical numbers at a big Christmas devotional next week... So wish me luck!  I'm so excited! I'm singing in a quartet and doing a piano solo.

I love all of you so much! Our P day next week will be on Christmas, so you won't hear from me until then. Hope you all have a good week! Sorry this weeks email was so short!

Elder Hendrix



No comments:

Post a Comment