Anyway, this week was awesome! We had a devotional Tuesday night, and guess who spoke?? DALLIN H. OAKS! I can testify that Elder Oaks is an apostle called of God! You can feel it the second he walks in the room! So powerful! His talk was about teaching by the spirit, and it was so good! I loved the entire talk, but one thing that really stood out to me was this quote: Without the spirit, you will not succeed. I know that this is true! The spirit is what changes lives and its so important to learn to recognize it! Devotionals are always super fun cause the speaker is always a surprise. We don't find out who is speaking until the meeting starts. After his talk, the choir sang Lead Kindly Light and the camera zoomed right on my face for a solid 10 seconds, so that's a bit scary! Did I mention that this devotional was broadcast to all the MTC's in the world? Crazy stuff!
The Spanish is coming along very well! I can express myself in the language pretty comfortably! Teaching lessons is the funnest thing ever. It's the coolest feeling to be sitting in a lesson and realizing that you're teaching the gospel in a language that you knew nothing about 2 weeks ago. The gift of tongues is amazing! I love learning this language so much! I've definitely come to know the importance of patience though. But you can achieve anything if you work for it with faith.
Investigator update! We are now teaching 3 people: Franco, Areli, and Elias. I love them and it's so cool watching them progress!! Elias has already committed to baptism! We teach each of them three times a week.
Ah, my whole district is so awesome! It's gonna suck leaving them when we all part ways after the MTC. I miss all of you so much! Thank you so much for all the love and support! Send letters! Getting mail here is like Christmas!. Sorry for the short email! I'll try to make up for it next week :)
Te amo,
Elder Logan Hendrix
SEP28 SPA-MAD
2005 N 900 E Unit 79
Provo, UT 85602
| Elders Martin and Hendrix studying at the MTC. |
| Elder Hendrix with part of his district. |
| Elder Hendrix with his district during class. |
No comments:
Post a Comment