So the first day was crazy. We got dropped off, got our nametags, and went straight to work. My companion, Elder Irene, is from Lander, Wyoming. He's super cool and wants to work! My district has 10 elders, all going to Spain. They're all so amazing! We already have tons of inside jokes and they're so much fun. We had a devotional with the MTC president that night with all new 500ish missionaries, and it was amazing! I'm so happy to be here and I'm so excited for the next 6 weeks!
My Spanish is coming along pretty well! Having a teacher that doesn't speak English can be a bit frustrating, but I'm definitely learning to be patient. So this is our schedule just about every day: wake up, breakfast, class for 5 hours, lunch, class for 3 hours, dinner, class for 3 hours, then go to bed. The days are super long, but the teachers make the classes really fun.
Tonight we are teaching our first lesson to an investigator named Kenya, entirely in Spanish. So that's a bit nerve-racking, but I'll report back how it goes. So I'm definitely not missing the heat! We played soccer in 60 degree weather this morning!
Well anyway, I'm doing great and I love the MTC!! I miss all of you and appreciate all your love and support! I don't have a lot of time to email today, so hopefully next week's email is better! (My p day is Friday)
Te amo,
Elder Hendrix
| Logan ran into his friend, Elder Conrad Belshe, who will be serving in the Czech Republic. |
| Attached is a picture of two elders in Logan's district, Elder Phillips and Elder Lords. "We made a chain with the number of days left in the MTC. The yellow ones are our p days." |
No comments:
Post a Comment